Wednesday, July 23, 2008

[Dream: The First of Many]

Here’s the First Dream in the Series
These Things get pretty long.
What can I say?
I love to write.
___________
Band trip

the dream starts out as a band trip to Wal-Mart.
The Band is riding in a yellow bus; Mr. Williams [The Band Director]
is getting us pumped for this amazing trip to the Wal-Mart
I turn around to talk to the girl behind me, and I make fun of Mr. Williams, and she laughs [The Person I'm talking to, is Sarah, the person who I’ve had some recent trouble with]
I asked her if we were all good with each other, and she was like "I am, when you are"
A little bit after she says this, the bus pulls into the parking lot
After slowly coming to a stop, the band slowly gets off the bus, and starts to segregate in the parking lot, waiting for the director to instruct us where to head to
He gets off the bus, looks at us for a second, and tells us to flee from him, and have fun in this deluxe edition of Wal-Mart. [only the best for my dreams]
Mr. Williams stays in the Parking lot, He starts to setup for some Barbeque he thinks the kids would actually eat from [when there’s a perfectly amazing McDonalds in Wal-Mart.]
The group I decided to stay with in Wal-Mart consisted of Sarah, Emily [Sarah's older Sister], Davin [Sarah's best friend], and Luis [Emily's best friend].
We walk straight to the toy isle [of course, Sarah’s around]
Mr. Butler [Co-Band Director] is walking around supervising, making sure we don't go around stabbing balls or anything.
As we're walking towards the toy section, I spot my really old [as in from 7th grade] ex girlfriend Kara, [she doesn't play a part in the dream at all, I just saw her out of the blue with some guy, she still looks cute though] I didn't talk to her though, I was hoping she didn't see me, so I ran over to Sarah and we messed a bit with whatever was on the shelf
Meanwhile... Luis and Emily are running around everywhere, and Davin is just kind of walking around
After messing with just about every toy Sarah could get her hands on, we get what we came for and start heading to the front to check out

The cashier was some kid who didn't really know how to do his job, so Pat[Fellow Band Member] was over a lot to help him out.
we get up to the front and where they sack everything, Brittany Rider[Another Band Friend] was just kind of standing there, purse out, waiting to pay.
So [Being the overly amazingly nice guy I am] I went over and talked to her, and while I was talking to her, Pat comes along and steals her purse,
She didn't notice,
But I did,
Pat runs off and I finish my conversation with Brittany
We get everything checked out and we head for the bus, on our way I see Brittany, so I run over to her and mention that Pat has her purse, she freaks out and realizes it’s gone
She then runs to Mr. Williams and tells on him
Pat gives the purse back and goes back to doing whatever it was he was doing.
As we're walking out to the now covered Parking lot in about 12 barbeque pits with lots of aluminum foil over everything, Mr. Williams is standing on this really nice charter bus, with a top deck, giving some speech [Like Always]
We find one of the tables they have set up.
But there's only like 3 chairs, so me and Luis [Being the guys] let Sarah, Davin, and Emily take the seats
Because I have this enormously huge crush on Sarah, I stand behind her waiting for Mr. Williams to finish his speech
Davin got the bright idea to leave and sneak off some where
[Right as she says that, the dream scene shifts]
Now I’m in some basement like room, with lots of chains hanging around, and boxes of random stuff, the room was tiny and square-ish, it also lacked a door
I looked out the door less doorway, and there was a long hallway, kind of like... a hotel hall. There were doors all along the hallway. As I walked down the hall, trying to figure out just where I was, I noticed that none of the doors were marked with room numbers [which obviously knocked hotel off of my list of where I was]
I continued to walk down the rest of the hall, at the end of the hall, were some stairs leading to a door, which was also not labeled.
I ran up the stairs, happy for freedom, and opened the door, just to find out I was in the basement of Wal-Mart. [Stupid dream shift only got me as far as the basement of Wal-Mart]Considering I’ve never been in the basement of Wal-Mart, I went back down to check things out. I went back down the hall, to the first room I found on my left after the shift.

In it, were some slot machine things, a bed, and a closet with a bunch of clothes in it?
On the bed was one of my pillows.
How it got there, I have no idea.
I walk around the room, to examine the room.
Then this woman runs in, all hot and sweaty, [it looked like she just got done running] and stops at the door and just stares at me.
After staring back for a little bit, I finally realize who this person was.
It’s Lanie [My Best Friend]
After discovering this, I run over to her and gave her a hug,
And I pull back and she lays a huge kiss on me.
Totally blank as to why she did that, we kind of stare at each other for a minute or two,
I turn around and close the door
And locked it, and I turn back to Lanie.
I stare at her, staring at me from across the room, and I asked her, what the slot machine thing was?
She looked at me all confused-like and explains what it was.
"It’s a money maker"
She then went over to the machine and showed me how it operated, still with a confused look on her face, she pressed a button or two and money started shooting everywhere.
[I thought it was pretty neat]
Feeling the awkward tension building I decided that i would take this opportunity to leave.
I slowly back towards the door and opened it, and left, while closing the door behind me.
Leaving, Lanie with a dumbfounded face, as money flies in the air.

I decided that I would go and check another room out
And the very next room to where I was just in, seemed like a nice place to start my adventure.
I open the door, and its just a dark room, with a bunch of desks lined up one the walls.
Just as I walked in, I heard someone running down the hall.
I never bothered to turn the switch on, because someone else ran in the room.
Because it was so dark, the guy running in didn't see me hop underneath one of the desks.
Saul Mendoza [A Smart kid in Band] was the one that walked in.
He was carrying a lot of rolled up papers, seemed too busy to notice where I was, he was so busy, he didn't even bother to turn the lights on. He just started to lay his papers on the big desk in the center, using the light from the doorway to see his way around.
Just as he got all settled in, a girl bursts her head from the door
Telling Saul, in a loud whisper, that "they" were coming.
This put him in a fret, and he started to scatter everywhere, the girl left and it got quiet again.
Realizing that I should probably get out of there before "They" came around, I jumped out from behind the desk and scared Saul a little, but he just looked at me and was like
"Oh, its just you....how'd you find this place?"
I didn't answer him, I asked him who "they" were, and he said he couldn't tell me.
I just knew that I needed to leave quickly; he grabbed me by the arm and took me to a door in the room, which turned out to be a bathroom.
In the bathroom was a tiny closet.
I hopped in the closet, and got settled into a ball, and leaned against the wall.
Saul left to finish what he was doing, and as soon as he got out of the bathroom, "they" came into the room.
Everything went cold, but I shrugged it off.
I could hear them talking through the walls, so I listened in.
Saul greets the people.
"Hey Mr. President"
Then a pause.
"Hey sir"
It sounded like other people were in the room.
[I just assumed that it was body guards or something]
I heard the president, and Saul talking about some plan, and just as I heard the president say "you got the chart?"
I sneezed [figures right?]
I froze. I stayed in the closet with my head against the wall, with my back against the closet door, and closed my eyes tight
The president was pretty pissed, and sent a guy to check the rooms
He found me.
He opened the door and just said "tag" [weird...I know?]
With my back still to him, not being able to see who it was,
He shot me
I didn't feel the shot like I thought I would, the President ran in there, my back is still towards them, I hadn't moved.
The President takes the gun from he guy, and shoots like the whole round of bullets
[Dream scene shift]

I opened my eyes, and I'm in the Wal-Mart parking lot standing behind Sarah, just like the scene before it shifted.
I stand there trying to figure out what just happened, and Sarah looks up at me, and with the most caring voice ever, asked what was wrong.
I shrugged it off, and pretended like nothing happened.
I told her nothing was, and then told her I was ready to go.
I looked at her and smiled. She smiled back, and then we looked at Mr. Williams.
Mr. Williams is still giving a speech
Right in the middle of a word, he stops, and stares straight ahead, somewhere above Wal-Mart, and then says "First ones on the bus win!"
My group, thinking it was funny, got up and ran to the bus.
Everyone else in the band just kind of sat there.
And didn't take what Mr. Williams was saying seriously.
We get on the bus, and take our seats, just as two more people get on, the bus zooms off, closes the door, and starts heading back to the high school.
My Camera guy kind of zoomed out of focus towards the Wal-Mart entrance,
Standing there was the president, 3 Security Guys, and a Dark Figure wearing a hooded cloak.
The Camera guy zooms back in, sits in the seat next to me and films the rest of the dream.

The bus left just about everyone at Wal-Mart, except me, Sarah, Davin, Emily, Luis, and two other band kids that I didn't know.
The band kids that were left were running at the bus trying to get a ride, but it wasn't stopping for anything
I think it ran over someone, the driver just kept going, he would mutter "sorry" occasionally, every time we hit a bump.
Being all confused and worried, Sarah sat next to me and was asking me all these questions.
"Why did we just leave everyone?"
"Do you know what’s going on?"
"Oh gah, what are we going to do?"
"Do you think everyone else is going to be ok?"
"Did you feel that bump?"
I smile at her, and I leaned in while she was talking, and kissed her.
It shut her up
I told her that I wouldn't let anything happen, and that I was going to fix everything
We stared at each other for a minute or two,
And just as I calmed her down, we looked out the window, and looked out into the woods, and this HUGE mushroom cloud bursts from miles away.
Scared the hell out of me,
And then Emily casually comes in saying
"It’s a prank Mr. Williams is playing on Pat for stealing Brittany's purse"
Me and Sarah kind of look at each other, shrugged and went along with it, trying to figure out how it was a prank?
We kind of ran over some people, and left everyone at Wal-Mart...

We pull into the high school, there are thousands of people everywhere, and cars are piled up.
Me and Sarah run off the bus, cause it wasn't going anywhere with this traffic, and we run to the front of the school.
On our way, I saw Travis and Shelley [Old friends of mine] getting out of one of the parked cars.
I said hi, and kept running, I had to hold Sarah's hand to keep on to where she was
We pushed through the crowd, and this black lady [probably some secretary] was telling us that we couldn't come through there without our ids
So we pulled them out of our pockets and carried on
We didn’t go inside the building, because through the glass doors, I saw, the president and his security, and a cloaked figure.
The cloaked figure is what really caught me off guard.
The President leaned over and whispered something to the cloaked figure.
I then had a super fast flashback and I put the pieces together.
[I think I thought that the president and the cloaked figure were doing they're plan right now]

I start backing away from the door and told Sarah "this isn't a prank on pat" as I’m backing away.
I felt something wet in my socks, and I look down, there’s water up to my ankles, getting a little freaked, the black lady runs over to me and tells me to get in one of the safety boats.
Just around the corner of the school, were lots of little orange safety boats, floating because of the recent flooding of water, most fit only two people, some fit three, and you had to put this weird helmet on and a vest.
Davin ran by Sarah, noticed it was her and took her to sit with her, and they just left me.
This lady grabbed me and pulled me over to one of the boats, and gave me a helmet, and told me to "please fasten your safety belt and put your helmet on correctly."
Trying to put that helmet on, people were pushing the safety boats, to get the line moving.
I had my mp3 player in my pocket and the water got high enough that when the player touched the water, it shocked me and my clothes vanished. [Ha, weird uh?]
I was still struggling to put the helmet on; I was getting pretty pissed, especially since my clothes just vanished.
This lady saw that I was struggling with the helmet, and came over, and noticed I didn't have any clothes on, so she pointed over to some guy behind the school who had a bunch of clothes in a pile, on the only dry land around, and she told me I could go over there get some.
I ran over there with the helmet covering up parts of me, because I was running in front everyone, everyone and Sarah, but they were too preoccupied to noticed I was practically streaking.
Sarah noticed and got out of her boat thing and ran over to me, leaving Davin confused.
I was looking through that pile of clothes and Sarah stopped me, looked at me with that raised eyebrow look, and told me to calm down
She told me "its was going to be alright"
I smiled at her, still nervous that,
A. I didn't have any clothes on and
B. That everything was flooding
I grabbed a pair of ragged jeans [that fit!*] and went without a shirt,
I turned around and grabbed Sarah’s hand
We ran for another boat thing, got in, and Sarah showed me how to put the stupid helmet on
And we were on our way to wherever these people were taking us.
[/Static/]

Narrator: That concludes the first dream in the series. Stayed tuned.

No comments: